Monday, March 3, 2014

Senior Service

I have already finished my Senior Service requirement. I did all my hours during February School Vacation. I served at Brigham and Women's Hospital in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit, or the "NICU". While there, I did things such as stock the babies' cribs with blankets and diapers, answered phones, and ran errands for the nurses. Sometimes, if the babies were crying, the nurses would let me rock the babies to sleep. It was a cool experience, and I learned a lot. It made me realize how amazingly talented neonatal medical professionals really are, and how through teamwork the NICU is able to run at optimal efficiency. I really enjoyed my time at the NICU, and would definitely do it again.

Premature infant at the NICU at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston ...


3 comments:

  1. I also work there, maybe we have crossed paths. The NICU is very interesting and pays good money. But is more boring than watching paint dry. Good Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey corey my main man this sounds like a blast! i think you'll get a lot out of this! good luck and have fun broseiden!

    ReplyDelete